Tuesday, September 30, 2014

25-Sept-2014 Work and Energy Lab #10

Purpose:
The purpose of this lab is to have us calculate how much work is needed for me to walk up a flight of stairs and pull up an object a certain distance.

This is not me in the picture but I did do the samething.
 First we had to measure the height of the stairs in order for us to figure out the height of the flight, which turned out to be 4.30m.

Once this I had to time myself going up the stairs at a slow pace(15.12) then once again at a faster pace(9.56sec).

Then came the pulley. For this one we had to time how fast till we pulled the object all the way to the top. My time being 10.62 seconds for 6kg.

After this is accomplished we had to calculate the work and power of each.

Work: mass*gravity*distance
86kg*9.81m/s^2*4.30=3619.3 Joules

Power: work/time

slow walk: 239.4 watts
fast walk:378.6watts
pulley:23.8watts

No comments:

Post a Comment